Horse racing is a popular sport in Australia, with race days spectacularly realized at some of our most prestigious thoroughbred breeding operations – Victoria’s Secret. The Aussies know how to party and they’re not afraid of getting their hands dirty!
The Australian racing season lasts for 21 weeks, rather than 12 weeks throughout most of North America.
It’s time for autumn in Canada and North America!
Horse racing is a highly competitive sport with races happening around the country. It’s administered by an Australian board, which ensures that each state follows rules set out in their respective version of “The Rules Of Racing.”
Harness racing is a type of horse race where drivers drive two or three horses at once. The sport has been around since harnesses were first used in 1868, but it wasn’t until ten years later when the word “harness” came into use because these early predecessor devices looked more similar to bits than actual saddles with stirrups. There are four different types: tight hitch, loose shank/ tracedNASA gets its name from NASA’s space program that was developed specifically for dirt tracks due to their steep slopes.
The first horses to land in Australia were an experiment by Captain James Grant. He brought eight animals with him on board the endeavour, but five died shortly after their arrival due mostly from sickness or exhaustion The second recorded occasion where a horse had set foot down under Australian soil was almost two centuries later – this time aboard The Barque Surrey which touched at Sydney Harbor in 1837.
Horse racing was an integral part of Australian life in 1810, with other major cities following suit.
The Spring Carnival in Australia is an event not to be missed. From December through February, you’ll find the country’s most prestigious horse races taking place at various racetracks across Victoria – all with a carnival atmosphere!
The Melbourne Cup is the most famous handicap race in Australia, and it’s no secret why. The country shuts down when this event comes around to watch their favourite horse run across town for an important trophy that will remain theirs until 2036!
The Everest at Randwick is one of the world’s wealthiest sprint races. To compete in it, horse owners have to buy a place from those who know they’re up against tough opposition and high risk for little reward- which makes this event anything but an easy payday!
The champion racing mare Winx has been a sensation in Australia over the past few years, breaking records and doing wonders for advertising our horse racing industry.
Biggest horse races in Australia
The most prestigious races in Australia are known to be the Melbourne Cup, Caulfield Cups and Victoria Derby. All three of these events have their set odds for horse racing betting which can change depending on who’s running them!
- Caulfield Cup, Caulfield, Melbourne (handicap, 12 furlongs, three-year-olds and up)
- Melbourne Cup, Flemington, Melbourne (handicap, 16 furlongs, three-year-olds and up)
- W. S. Cox Plate, Moonee Valley, Melbourne (10 furlongs, three-year-olds and up)
- The Everest, Randwick, Sydney (six furlongs, any horse whose connections pay the entry fee)
- Golden Slipper Stakes, Rosehill Gardens, Sydney (six furlongs, two-year-olds only)
- Black Caviar Lightning, Flemington, Melbourne (five furlongs, three-year-olds and up)
- Australian Oaks, Randwick, Sydney (12 furlongs, three-year-old fillies)
- Australian Guineas, Flemington, Melbourne (8 furlongs, three-year-olds only)
- Australian Derby, Randwick, Sydney (12 furlongs, three-year-olds only)
- Kingston Town Classic, Ascot, Perth (nine furlongs, three-year-olds and up)
- Queen Elizabeth Stakes, Randwick, Sydney (10 furlongs, three-year-olds and up)
- Ubet Classic, Morphetteville, Adelaide (three-year-old fillies and mares and up)
Australian horse racing betting on mobile
Mobile gambling is the latest craze that has come to stay. This type of game can be played on your phone and even while you’re abroad, giving bettors an edge in any situation!
With Mobile Australian horse racing betting, you can enjoy all the benefits that come with it. Let’s take a look at what they are: -You will be able to bet on your favourite race from anywhere in Australia! It doesn’t matter if there is an event happening or not because as long as someone has internet access then he/she could place their wagers anyway; this way no one gets left out when playing our favourite game – gambling.
- All the best Australian horse racing betting sites have developed apps for Android and Apple operating systems
- You can download these for free for your smartphone and tablet to get a streamlined gambling experience
- With betting made easier and available to you anywhere where there is an internet connection, it’s very convenient